Exciting facts about Klondike Solitaire
Klondike Solitaire is a simple card game that is suitable for newbies. Stack all face-up cards on the tableau into four piles in ascending order and a suit.
The layout of the standard deck of this game is similar to Spider Solitaire. It also has 4 parts including the Stockpile, the Talon Pile, the Tableau, and the Foundation.
- The Tableau: In the center of the screen, you can see 7 columns of cards. It is the Tableau. These columns contain 28 cards. However, the number of cards in each column is different. The first left column contains only one card while the second left column has two cards. Similarly, the number of cards will rise to seven cards. All top cards of all columns are face-up.
- The Foundation: At the top right of the screen, you can see four empty spaces. They are foundations. Each foundation can hold a stack of cards arranged in ascending order and in a suit.
- The Stockpile: At the top left of the screen, there is a stack of face-down cards. It is the Stockpile.
- The Waste Pile: An empty space next to the Stockpile is the Waste Pile. It will hold the cards moved from the Stockpile.
As this game is the easiest version of the solitaire game, its playing rules are super simple. The objective of this game is to transfer all cards from the tableau to four foundations. In each foundation, the cards must be stacked in ascending order from Aces to Kings and in a suit. To complete this objective, you have to follow these steps.
- Step 1: At the start of the game, you should do your best to rearrange the cards on the tableau to flip the cards underneath. These cards must be organized in descending sequence and in alternating colors. Let me take you as an example. You can place a black Queen onto a red King.
- Step 2: When there is no movable card left on the tableau, it is time to flip cards in the Stockpile. The card in the stockpile can be moved and put onto the card that is lower in value and opposite in color. In case you figure out an Ace in the Stockpile, you can transfer it directly to one of the foundations.
- Step 3: Finally, you need to move all cards on the tableau or the stockpile to the foundations. Stack them in ascending sequence and in a suit. Note that you will be rewarded with 5 points after transferring a card from the tableau or stockpile to the foundation. Do your best to gain the highest possible score.
- Step 4: If you get stuck, you should click on the Hint button at the bottom of the screen. It will highlight the cards that can be movable. Besides, you can click on the Undo button to reverse your last moves.
How to control: Use the mouse to control
Reasons you should play Klondike Solitaire
Many levels and game modes
In this game, you are allowed to choose between 6 levels of difficulty including Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert, Master, and Grandmaster. If you just start to play this game, you suggest you start with easy levels such as Easy or Medium. The harder levels such as Hard, Expert, Master, and Grandmaster are only suitable for players who master this game. If you want something more thrilling, why don't you choose the Random level? After selecting it, you will not know what the difficulty of this game is.
Besides levels of difficulty, this game features two game modes which are Standard and Las Vegas. Each game mode has a distinct scoring system. In the Standard mode, transferring a card from the tableau to the foundation is worth 5 points. In contrast, the Las Vegas mode will give you 10 points if you can move a card from the tableau to the foundation. Choose one of the game modes and play this game now. If you are keen on this game, take a look at Freecell Solitaire, Tetris, and Wordle on our website.
If you want the game more interesting, you can customize your solitaire deck. This game provides various themes, card backs, card sets, and backgrounds.
- Themes: There are 16 themes that you can select. They are about different topics which are Classic, Vintage, Dinosaur, Dogs, Cats, Nature, Flower Fields, Flower Walls, Insects, Season, Vacation, Butterflies, and Ocean.
- Card backs: You are allowed to choose between 17 card backs with different topics such as Classic, Season, Butterflies, Flowers, Vintage, Dogs, Cats, Nature, Vacation, Insects, Dinosaurs, and Fish.
- Card sets: There are 28 card sets with different topics such as Classic, Spider, Dogs, Cats, Butterflies, Dinosaurs, Dragonfly, Leaves, Maple, Rose, Chrysanthemum, Forest, Beach, and Sunset. All of them are unlocked, so you can choose one of them freely.
- Backgrounds: In this game, you can choose between 20 backgrounds with different topics such as Classic, Dogs, Cats, Nature, Field, Wall, Grass, Ocean, Fall, Sunset, Night, and Beach.